Lufax Views Itself as a Modern Day Charles Schwab

Though the company started off as a P2P lender, Lufax has diversified their offerings with great success and now views themselves as a Charles Schwab for the 21st century; as CEO Gregory Gibb says, “The truth is, we started there, but it represents less than 10% of our business volume today. So I think we’re really very much an online wealth management platform.”; Lufax focuses their business on wealth management, credit-rating services and institutional services where 60% to 70% of its solutions are based on traditional credit-rating metrics, with the remaining 30% to 40% centered on big data.  Source

Sign up for our Newsletters

Every morning the LendIt Fintech News team scours the globe for the most important fintech stories of the day in the daily Global newsletter.

The Europe edition comes out on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday featuring the most important stories in European and UK fintech.

The Latin American newsletter arrives in your inbox on Tuesdays and Fridays. This is a trilingual newsletter featuring stories in Spanish, Portuguese, and English.

Join 20,000 subscribers!