This month LendIt Fintech in partnership with NYC Fintech Women launched its inaugural year-long Mentor Program for tri-state area women. The goal of the program is to support, encourage and advance aspiring women in fintech in their professional development.
Applications to join the 2020 cohort are now open. Apply at: www.lendit.com/usa/2020/women-in-fintech
- Hold a senior position at a company that is part of the fintech ecosystem
- Possess diverse work experience and a dynamic professional network
- Commit to meeting at least three times with mentee, in-person (preferred) and/or via video chat during the 2020 calendar year
- Reside in the NYC tri-state area
- Women and men mentors welcome
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to advancing the fintech industry
- Commit to meeting at least three times with mentor, in person (preferred) and/or via video chat during the 2020 calendar year
- Be a woman located in the NYC tri-state area
In addition to the NYC-area Women in Fintech Mentor Program, here are a few other ways we can work together to support the women in your fintech network:
- Encourage the leading women in your business to apply to be a speaker at LendIt Fintech. The LendIt Fintech content team works hard to ensure a large proportion of women speakers, but we need your help. Of the more than 300 speaker applications submitted for LendIt Fintech USA 2020, so far only 20% have come from women.
- Nominate the leading women in your business for the LendIt Fintech Industry Awards. In 2019, only 5 women were nominated for the category Executive of the Year Award.
- Join us for the 3rd annual Women in Fintech Luncheon & Speed Networking on May 13th at LendIt Fintech USA 2020, sponsored by Deloitte. Additional details to be released soon.
Here at LendIt Fintech we are committed to supporting diversity in fintech and creating opportunities for our global community all year long. Plans are in the works to bring the Women in Fintech Mentor Program to other fintech centers soon. Contact LendIt if you’d like to help bring the Women in Fintech Mentor Program to your city.
Joy Schwartz is President of LendIt Fintech and Head of LendIt’s Global Women in Fintech Programs. She has been a member of LendIt’s leadership team since 2014 and is based in New York City.