We often hear the question, “Where do I start?” from bank executives and others starting out in fintech. The fintech world moves at a pace that is difficult for even the most seasoned executive to keep up. So, we decided to create a six-week immersion course to help bank and fintech executives get a handle on this new world of fintech. Classes start next week.
Helene Panzarino had the idea to combine the efforts of two fine content-led organizations to make this new course a reality: the London Institute for Banking & Finance, a 140-year old institution dedicated to serving the banking world with top-flight education, and LendIt Fintech, a founder-led media business dedicated to advancing fintech on a global scale. It’s a great match, as our missions and strengths are complementary.
The just-launched Certified Fintech Practitioner course is a six-week immersion in fintech for current and aspiring professionals in financial services. Included in the £600 ($775) tuition are:
- 14 live sessions with esteemed instructor Helene Panzarino
- 6 self-study sessions providing you an opportunity to reflect on what you’ve learned
- Study guide, reading materials, and a broad array of information and resources from the leaders in financial services
- Access to the course site for the duration of your programme, and then for six months afterwards, enabling you to refresh and renew your learning
- On completion, and submission of your reflective statements, a digital Certified Fintech Practitioner credential that can be shared on your social profiles
- Access to Lendit Fintech Digital, a membership-based online community with exclusive content and networking opportunities, worth £450 on a standalone basis
- A 15% discount on tickets to LendIt Fintech conferences and events
The course begins on Monday, November 9, and our first class will kick off on Wednesday, November 11 at 12PM ET (5PM GMT). While timely attendance is encouraged, all content will be available on demand if you must miss a class.
It is not too late to sign up and promote the Certified Fintech Practitioner course among your colleagues and connections in the financial services industry. Support your peers and subordinates with the gift of education and advancement.
If you’re in leadership, particularly bank leadership, particularly large, traditional bank leadership, you owe it to yourself, to your teammates, to your customers, to your shareholders, to get members of your extended team on board. You are in an existential battle in this suddenly-digital world, so give yourself a fighting chance. Increase your team’s knowledge of digital transformation.
We are excited to offer this great opportunity to get started in fintech. To learn more and apply, please visit our course website.