Today, p2p investors have many options when it comes to analyzing loan performance. One of these options is PeerCube which was founded by Anil Gupta, a software engineer with a background in data analytics. In this latest edition of the Lend Academy Podcast I talk with Anil about PeerCube and the importance of data analysis for p2p investors.
In this podcast you will learn:
- Why Anil decided to get into p2p lending in the first place.
- How he started investing and how PeerCube came into being.
- What PeerCube has to offer p2p investors.
- Why it is important for him to share the filters others use to invest.
- How his Bad Loan Experience (BLE) index works.
- How PeerCube tracks the new loans added to Lending Club and Prosper.
- An explanation of his recent analysis of loan returns based on the time loans took to get funded.
- The very interesting and unexpected findings of this analysis.
- The reason he maintains a healthy skepticism of the p2p lending industry.
- Why he considers Lending Club and Prosper loan brokers and why they remind him of real estate agents.
- Why Anil feels that people are ignoring the risks involved in p2p lending.
- What the future holds for PeerCube.
In this interview we talked at length about Anil’s fascinating analysis of Lending Club loans time to fund – below are links to all four articles in the series:
Mad Rush at Lending Club Loan Release Time: Part I
Mad Rush at Loan Release Time: Part II – Loan Performance with Time to Fund
Mad Rush at Lending Club Loan Release Time: Part III – Delinquency Rate and FICO Score Change
Mad Rush at Lending Club Loan Release Time: Part IV – Interest Rate with Time to Fund