During the week I share the latest p2p lending news on Twitter as it happens. Then every Saturday I take the most interesting news items and blog posts from the past week and share them here.
New Lenders Spring Up to Cater to Subprime Sector from The Wall Street Journal (via Yahoo) – Commentary on Lending Club’s move into the top of the subprime market with their Policy Code 2 loans.
International P2P Lending Services – Loan Volumes February 2014 from Wiseclerk – The monthly loan volume roundup of all the major p2p lenders in the US and Europe.
Availability of Fractional Loans from Orchard – Retail investors only care about the fractional loan pool – Orchard takes a look at the Prosper data.
Truly Passive Investing in P2P Lending: Lend Academy Investments from Write Your Own Reality – Coverage of the launch of Lend Academy Investments.
A Look At Loan Volume for February from Nickel Steamroller – A more in depth look at the loan volume at Lending Club and Prosper last month.
[click to continue…]
Earlier this week we launched Lend Academy Investments. So, in this edition of the Lend Academy Podcast I bring on my two co-founders for a discussion. But I want to emphasize this is not a promotional podcast for our new investment firm, it is more of a background interview where you can get to know my new partners, Bo Brustkern and Jason Jones.
In this podcast you will learn:
- The opportunity Jason had to be an equity investor in Lending Club in 2010.
- Why he was advised against investing in Lending Club back then.
- The original idea Jason and Bo had for a fund in this space.
- Why they are passionate about p2p lending.
- Why it is important to look beyond the numbers.
- The origins of Lend Academy Investments.
- How technology and software are unbundling traditional banking.
- Why “dynamic risk pricing” is going to be the future of p2p lending.
- What the future of p2p lending may look like in 10 years.
You will be hearing more from Bo and Jason in the coming weeks and months. They will be bringing their unique perspectives to Lend Academy by contributing here on the blog and in other ways. You can connect on LinkedIn with Jason Jones and Bo Brustkern.
You can subscribe to the Lend Academy Podcast via iTunes or Stitcher. There is an audio player directly below or you can download the MP3 file here.
Podcast: Play in new window